Monday, December 8, 2008

Holidays with the Heatons

What have we been up to? Decorating, partying, and eating. Last week, we hosted our church Lifegroup at our house, so that was an incentive to clean up a bit and decorate. Then, we attended the Shriners Hospital Christmas party Saturday night, and on Sunday, I hosted an ornament swap. Below are some photos from the weekend. I'll post a picture of the tree later (I don't like any of the pictures I took).

Matthew making cookies for the first time ever (so he says).

The mantel.

Here I am making a mess in the kitchen, but isn't my apron cute? Thanks, Caty!

Our attire for the Christmas party.

If this whole doctoring thing doesn't work out for our friend Jason, he
can always fall back on his mad DJing skills. He handled the music for the Shriners party.

Here I am with Jason's wife, Elizabeth. She has really helped me settle in to life in Louisiana. I am thankful for her kindness!
"I can't believe they thought it was a clip-on," said Matthew,
of his festive bow-tie. That's right, it's the real thing.

Sorry there are no pictures from the ornament swap. I was so busy hosting, I forgot to document the event.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking sharp! You two clean up good! I love your red dress and Matthew's REAL bow tie. Did Matthew eat more cookies--and/or cookie dough-- than he left for the party?

Anonymous said...

The house looks great and so do you two. The reds of Christmas are so uplifting. Wish I could be there with you. I'm glad you're having fun. Elena

Anonymous said...

I keep looking... still no tree.

Anonymous said...

That apron looks cute on you!
Caty

Anonymous said...

You both look cute!! Have a merry cajun Christmas! I am teaching Truman his states and he says "they have hurricanes in Loosiana--I not want to go there."