Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Revel

Shreveport loves its festivals and October features the Red River Revel, an arts festival that spans two weekends. It brings artists from around the country as well as musical groups to our Festival Plaza right beside the Red River. Two years ago we heard Emmylou Harris here. Somehow we missed the 2008 event, but we went last weekend. Of course, it was hard exposing ourselves to the throngs of LSU fans right after a tough loss, and it seems every musical artist had to ask from the stage, "Does anybody know the score of the game?" Ugh. Yes, I'm afraid I do.

We decided to drown our sorrows in fair food. And a slice of muffaletta pizza will make you forget, at least temporarily, about poor punt coverage and ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct calls. I mean, this is a good slice of pizza--layers of salami and ham and provolone and yummy olive mix and more. Seriously. It's worth a trip to visit us. Last Saturday's headlining band was Saving Abel and tonight country artist Pat Green plays. I'm hoping to get to hear him because I interviewed him for a local magazine.

Looks like I'll need another slice tonight to help me feel better after our 45-19 loss to UT.

Despite the rainy weather, there was a pretty good crowd for Saving Abel. They played a song that this crowd really seemed to identify with--it's called "New Tattoo."

1 comment:

Karen said...

One slice might not be enough tonight!
I'll have to pull for LSU.