I can't believe I haven't posted about the incredible birthday party Matthew threw for me a few weeks ago. There was a crazy party crasher who liked popping up in everyone's pictures.
Just kidding—that's our friend Samer.
The bash was held at the University Club, on the 15th floor of the American Tower building in Downtown Shreveport. Take a look at the view:
(photo from the University Club website)
There were white tablecloths and linen napkins and salad forks, dinner forks and dessert forks. And my goodness at the turnout!
It was a dressy affair, and many chose to wear black to commemorate that I am now "in my 30s."
If you believe any of this, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd love to talk with you about. Technically, this was my birthday but was not my party. This was a graduation dinner honoring the outgoing chief residents: Chris, Leslie and Gabe. They were the ones with the biggest smiles all night long, and here they are with Sylvia, a saintly woman who helps keep all these ortho residents in line, especially Dr. Heaton.
You can see everyone will miss Gabe, affectionately (I think) known as The General.
Here's the majority of the gang with the the lucky trio who've made it through residency. Now, three new interns have joined the ranks. Matthew is now a fourth-year, considered a senior. This means....drum roll, please...NO MORE IN-HOUSE CALL! So he won't be spending the night at the hospital anymore. Not to say he won't still be taking call, working long hours and potentially operating into the night, but when he's done, he can come home to rest. Plus, he only has to work one weekend a month now instead of two. That's a pretty big deal if you ask me.
So this wasn't my party. I still had a good time on my birthday. It's rare that I get gussied up and go to a fancy dinner to celebrate. And I got some pretty cool presents, including:
1. money for a guilt-free shopping spree
2. my favorite, favorite t.v. show on DVD
3. these stackable rings by Urban Posh
I may be another year older, but thank goodness, Matthew is one more year closer to being through. That's certainly a reason to celebrate!




1 comment:
Pretty fancy party, but nothing like the big bash we'd have thrown for you back here in Georgia!
Post a Comment