We spent last Saturday watching the Bulldogs win. Obviously, it wasn't the Georgia Bulldogs, who let South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore run all over them. Rather we were in Natchitoches, Louisiana, watching the Northwestern State University Demons play the Samford Bulldogs. While I was bummed by the loss of my Bulldogs, I found some solace in the fact that at least we'll never be as bad as the NSU Demons, who were winless in 2009 and have started 2010 at 0-2.
Here we are at the game. Why, yes, we have been exercising! (Slim again in 2010!)
We were invited to the game by one of Matthew's coworkers, Jeff. Jeff and his wife are longtime NSU fans and even have a family member on the team. They have a pretty sweet tailgate setup, but I was too busy munching on burgers, boudin dip, and buffalo chicken dip to take photos.
I can't tell you how hot I was on Saturday. I've been to Georgia games sweating bullets in Lycra, all-black uniforms during noon kickoffs, but lemme tell you, I am now too used to the AC. It was sho' nuff hot out there, and we were even sitting in the shade!
So the Demons lost and the game was kind of, well, it was no SEC showdown, but we like football and we like trying new things so we had a good time. We probably won't be buying NSU season tickets, but I am still hoping to make it to a Grambling game this year....for halftime!


1 comment:
I hope the GEORGIA Bulldogs have a win today! Last Saturday's score was not pretty.
Post a Comment