Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spooky Soup Supper 2010


Last night we hosted our second annual Spooky Soup Supper in conjunction with the Pumpkin Shine held at the neighborhood park. We invited all the ortho gang again. Here's a look at the invites:



No handmade invitations this year. Tinyprints had some affordable options.

We had our usual assortment of pumpkins and mums on the front steps, plus our Bulldog Jack-O-Lantern. I forgot to take a picture, but here's what it looks like (thanks, Mom!)


Inside the house, I decided to decorate the white plates in the dining room with a few black spiders.


For party favors, I decorated orange and green paper bags with different faces and spooky shapes. Then I filled them with candy.



We had a few appetizers, including a spider cheese ball, which actually tasted pretty good. It was super simple to make and our guests seemed to like its spidey shape.


Matthew made a creepy carrot hand for the veggie dip.


For dessert, we made witches' hats and brooms.



We made bloodshot eyeball cupcakes too.


We had a decent turnout. Twenty-one counting Matthew and me and the kiddos that came.




I didn't do a good job of documenting the Pumpkin Shine, but here are two shots I did get.


I love the slinky dog down front on the Toy Story theme below. I didn't see him until after I took the photo. I should have taken another one. Oops. 


So our Spooky Soup Supper 2010 is officially in the books. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

So cute!!! Wish I could make it to one of your parties. You are so creative. The spider cheese ball is my favorite, but Matthew did a great job on the "hand", too.
You are now officially in charge of the food for our Thanksgiving get-together.

Beth H said...

I am going to HAVE to make it out there in October next year!!! Love it!

MB said...

Y'all are welcome any time!!