Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cuteness Overload

Can you believe this little girl is now 3-months old? How did that happen? It's been a crazy yet wonderful three months for us. I don't know how to catch the blog up besides dumping a bunch of cute pictures of Georgia Claire out here, so that's what I'm doing. 



By the way, how cute are baby leg warmers? Adorable!!

These next two pictures were taken right before she turned 2-months old. 

She was such a happy girl that morning, holding her little frog from great-aunt Tonya!


This was her going-to-church outfit one warm November day. 


In November, we packed our entire house up (or so it seems) and drove to Georgia for Thanksgiving. It's a long drive without a baby. It's a really, really long drive with a baby. And she was a good baby. She basically slept the entire time, only waking up to eat. (And she still slept at night too.) 

Mom and Dad came out for a visit right before our trip home...they were coming for a visit, but also to deliver us a Jeep. They very generously offered to trade us a Jeep for our Honda Civic so it would be easier for us to get Georgia Claire in and out of the car. 

Here's Georgia Claire telling them, "Thank you!"


While we were home, we had some Heaton family photos made. It was a little cool and time for Georgia Claire to eat, but she did fairly well with it all. 


Of course, she got to meet lots of her family for the first time, including her cousins Landon and Brenner.

And she met cousin Jonathan. 

 


Georgia Claire was happy to see Julia again. They are great friends! 


She also met both her great-grandmothers. 


While we were home, we also had Georgia Claire baptized at Gordon's Chapel. I was worried about her crying during the service, but she did wonderfully! I, however, was a crying mess. I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude to God for blessing us with this perfect little girl and for the amazing family and friends who were there to show their love for her that day. It is such a special thing to pledge to God that we will teach her all about His mercy and love and to have our family promising to do the same. I will always remember that day. 

It was pure joy. 

After the service we had some of our family and closest friends join us at the Community Center for a lunch of Zeb's barbecue. Georgia Claire slept through it all. 



We actually got to Georgia on Thanksgiving Day and were able to stay the entire following week, and during that week, Georgia Claire turned 2-months old.


She's such a sweet girl!

Granddaddy gifted her with several very stylish outfits, including this lovely Ralph Lauren number. I love that he picked out her boots and hat too. She was definitely styling!


And she wore the ensemble to go see Santa. She slept through that too!



On the drive back to Louisiana, we stopped to have her picture made by the Mississippi River. 


Back at home, we worked on our tummy time. She loves being on her changing pad. I don't know why, but she's so happy on it. She holds her head up like a champ, too. 




At her 2-month checkup the doctor said she was behaving like a 4-month old with the way she held her head and stood up. She loves standing up! She weighed 12 pounds 3.5 ounces at the doctor's visit. That was also when she had to get her vaccinations. She cried when they gave them to her, but not for very long. I cried longer (are you beginning to see who's the crier in this family? Yeah, it ain't the newborn!). 

Christmas this year was extra special.
But it was a little weird seeing three stockings hanging on the mantel. 






We randomly got this photo of her smiling one morning after church. We loved it so much we used it for our Christmas card picture. The card said: "Be Joyful!" How can you not be joyful when you see that happy face?


Here are two more cute, happy faces!


I'm sure you all wish you found one of these beneath your Christmas tree!





On December 22, we flew from Shreveport to Atlanta. I was a nervous wreck. I just didn't want her to cry and bother everyone on the plane. I had no reason to worry. She was a perfect angel! 

And once she got back to Georgia, it was time for the spoiling to start all over again!

Look at Howard, Nancy and Nathan's faces. She brings joy wherever she goes!


Landon became her buddy too!


We took her to see my Granny again, and Granny said seeing her was one of the biggest thrills of her life. It makes my heart swell to think of it. 


On Christmas Eve, we opened gifts with my parents. 

Granddaddy got her a little red wagon!


And look who finally held her without being forced! I think she charmed David with her grins and giggles. I know she loves him!


Somehow, Santa found her even though she was in Georgia. 


Georgia Claire gave Granddaddy a onesie (well, it's for her to wear, but you know what I mean) that says: Granddaddy's Sweetie Bear. That's what he calls her. He was upset that he could never find anything that said "granddaddy." All the bibs and onesies and shirts out there say "grandpa."


Matthew's mom, or Nana, is a good naptime cuddler! This little girl will not nap unless she's being held. Yes, we have ruined her. The daycare is going to love me.



Matthew and I both had to work on the 27th, so we flew home on the 26th. She was once again an angel on the flight. Slept the entire time and the flight attendant and even a few other passengers commented on how sweet she was. 

We had one small incident going through security. She started making a dirty diaper while we were waiting in line. I, of course, had to pick her up to go through the metal detector. Lately, her poopy diapers have been going up her back so I knew it was going to happen as we're going through security. I held her facing outward and placed a burp cloth between her back and my shirt. Wouldn't you know, I get selected for extra screening. By the time they finished with the two of us and I put her down to change her, poop was going all up the front of her onesie, all up the back of her onesie and out of both leg holes. It was enough to warrant a call to homeland security. She was happy through it all, though, and all Matthew and I could do was laugh!

Once back in Shreveport, she found that Santa visited her here too! She got a toy box/basket, some books and a couple toys. 

She brings us so much happiness!



And just to brag on her a little more: Remember her newborn pictures? Well, this little girl's beautiful photos are actually hanging in my OB's office, advertising the services of the photographer. And she's on the photographer's website too. Here are some screenshots. 



One last thing before I go: I have to say I would not have made it through these past three months without my mom. She stayed with us the first two weeks after Georgia Claire was born and helped us in so many ways. And when I started back to work on December 5, she came again and stayed for two weeks to watch Georgia Claire for us. She is such a selfless, loving, encouraging, strong and fun mom. I hope that I can be half as good a mom as she's been to me. Georgia Claire is very lucky to have her as a grandmother. 


In fact, aside from having such a cry baby for a mom (I'm really trying to get a handle on it, I promise!), Georgia Claire lucked out with an amazing family. 

She is so loved. 

And we are so blessed by her. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

God is so good. We have certainly been blessed with a wonderful family. And the crying.....Well, you got it from your mom! Reading your blog made me cry. I love you.

Gail Cochran said...

I am not able to put into words what these pictures mean to me!! Georgia Claire is such a happy baby! You can tell that she is loved! And of course, I cried also!

Linda Kay said...

What a wonderful posting! Georgia Claire is so blessed, and she doesn't even know the full extent of that yet!! She's beautiful, and I know she knows she is loved by many people, but she does not know how wonderful the people who love her are. Can't help being amused at Granddaddy. Isn't it strange how grandchildren change us? All we can say is, "We told you so!" Glad you are moving back this way soon, especially so that your mom will not have to travel so far to come back here for visits.