Monday, April 28, 2008

A full-blown case of writer's block

I've got it, and I've got it bad.

Sure, I always procrastinate when writing, but eventually the pressure of a deadline spurs inspiration or at least the idea for a good enough lede to get me going. I'm working on a profile for Southern Beauty (my second one). It's about philanthropist and former political insider Jaci Reid. For more than three days I've been trying to figure out the right angle, and I'm not satisfied with any ideas. So, what do I do? Blog about it, which serves two purposes. First, it prolongs my procrastination. Second, it updates the blog since I'm realizing that not enough interesting stuff happens to me to make this thing very entertaining. I'm hoping when I start traveling again things will get more interesting.

Okay, enough venting. Back to staring at a blank screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the block came on after you asked her who her presidential favorite was... It's perhaps hard to find something positive to say? ee