This isn't necessarily a timely blog, but it's something I've noticed the last several Saturdays. I find myself tearing up during every ESPN College GameDay. No, not because I haven't actually been to a college game in almost two years (though that does make me sad), but because they keep airing these tug-at-your-heartstrings pieces. I think they've always done these, but they are really getting to me lately!
First, it was a tribute to Munson's career, then a profile of Rennie Curran and his immigrant parents from Liberia. And it's not just the feel-good Georgia stories. Heck, I was even emotional during a story about Texas' Colt McCoy dedicating his season to his cousin who passed away. (I can't find the video to link to.)
But this past Saturday really had me boohooing. There was a great story on the Richts and their decision to adopt two children from Ukraine. Watch it if you have a chance. It will even melt the ice of a cold-hearted Gator!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment