- Since the House was voting on the Bailout plan, we tried to scout Capitol Hill for congressmen. And we saw Ron Paul.
- We toured the Library of Congress. Amazing architecture.
- Took a Monuments by Moonlight tour. So cool to see everything--the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Capitol Hill, Arlington Cemetery, etc.--at night.
- George and Laura invited us to the White House for a tour. We saw the George Washington portrait that Dolley Madison saved from the fire in 1814.
- The Newseum: A 250,000-square-foot museum of news. As a journalism major, it was fantastic. There, we saw many historic newspapers, an exhibit on 9/11, part of the Berlin Wall, and the actual cabin where the Unabomber lived. No kidding. We spent three hours there and skipped two entire floors of the museum because we ran out of time before closing.
- Holocaust Memorial Museum. Incredibly moving, so well done. Everyone should visit it.
- At the National Archives, we had a quick view of the ORIGINAL (!) Bill of Rights, Constitution, and Declaration of Independence.
- International Spy Museum. We picked up a few tips on the art of espionage. We should not be trusted.
- And after mom left, I saw Lynne Cheney (complete with her secret service detail) at one of the shops we were photographing for the story.
all the way to the top...and then had heart attacks.
His sign reads: I need $700 billion & no oversight too.
The Capitol
Library of Congress

4 comments:
Thanks for the wonderful trip, MB. Just looking at the broken escalator makes me lose my breath! So, didn't you like the NATIONAL monument???? Mom
I can't believe Karen didn't mention that you ran into our future (I hope) Pres. and VP. I'm so glad you and your mom had this awesome trip. (And I must say the socks are amazing.)
ee
Nice socks.
Oh, and, um, George and Laura?! Tres chic!
MaryBeth you and your Mom are too cute! Love the photo essay. Especially the socks. Sounds like y'all had a "Capitol" time...tee hee...
ESP @ SA
Post a Comment