Monday, November 10, 2008

Entering Austin City Limits

Arrived in Austin today for a story. Fingers crossed that I run into Matthew McConaughey. I'm such a big fan of his body...of work. You know, he was great in "The Wedding Planner" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." (Sidenote to my husband, Matthew, in the unlikely event he reads this blog: I'm just kidding. I only have eyes for you!)

The photographer and I are staying at the Hotel San Jose--hip, very hip. And sort of Zen. (You can see some photos here.) You can check out a Polaroid camera, a manual typewriter, and iPods from the front desk. Plus they have a well-edited collection of music and DVDs.

The owner Liz Lambert has several hotel projects going on, including one nearby called Hotel St. Cecilia. Though it's not open yet, I got a sneak preview today and met Liz. Going to be a huge hit, I think.

More to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, what to say... Not quite like where you usually stay on these luxury trips. I hope you were in the Grand Suite - at least it had some red/black features. elena

Katie B said...

I'm coming out of lurking to tell you that your blog cracks me up! Body of work, indeed. Too funny.

Not the Halloween stuff though. Very sad.