You're just going to have to take my word for it.
The weekend before last we had the excitement of the Blue Angels. I'm sure you're wondering what sort of fun this past weekend brought. Let me fill you in:
Friday started off exciting for me because I got a free lunch at Ralph & Kacoo's. My friend Sharon won lunch for 10 from a local radio station and she invited me. What a treat! Matthew couldn't make it, but he called to let me know he got a free lunch too--a hot dog. (Don't you dare feel sorry for him. He gets a free dinner once or twice a month at the nicest restaurants in town. Spouses aren't invited. Hmph.)
Friday night we had tickets to Kenny Chesney's Sun City Carnival tour. Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum were the opening acts. It was a great show. I can sing along to most of Kenny's songs. The only thing I don't like about him is he's a Tennessee Volunteer. And that's a pretty big thing for me to look past. Our friends Gabe and Jessica (who are also UT fans) had tickets to the concert too, so we invited them over for dinner beforehand.
Saturday brought yet another trip to a home improvement store. This time, Home Depot. Matthew wound up getting a weedeater after all. Then we worked in the yard and went to Saturday night church followed by pizza with friends.
On Sunday, we patronized the ice cream truck for the first time and it was every bit as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. I now have an incentive to keep a little cash on hand. The fudge bars are only $1. Yum!
This weekend we have Mudbug Madness AND the Bossier City Fair. I normally wouldn't be so excited about a fair but this one promises ostrich races (with people riding them!) and I really want to see that. Cross your fingers that Matthew is game for it all.
See what you're missing by not living in the Ark-La-Tex?
P.S. Why does Blogger sometimes ignore my hard returns? I don't intentionally mean for all the paragraphs to run together. This annoys me. Sorry.

3 comments:
So exactly what was Kenny doing in the picture? I need more information!!!
You guys have the most fun!
If Matthew has the opportunity to participate in an ostrich race, I'm sure he's in. Get pictures!
Matthew may not be eligible to participate in the ostrich race as a former pig race winner! You'd be check the rules.
Post a Comment