Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.

This past weekend was the annual air show at Barksdale Air Force Base and, of course, we Heatons were in attendance...both days. This is our third time seeing the Blue Angels fly. I don't know how you can watch them and not be amazed. There were many more demonstrations during the show, but the Blue Angels were the highlight. Here is just a small selection of the photos and videos we took.

Above: Stealthy Matthew in front of the B-2 Stealth Bomber.

Above: I think this is the F-15E Strike Eagle, but I could be wrong.

Below: All I wanted to do was this:

Below: But I wound up like this (with a little help from a nice Navy Seal):
I totally had to brace myself in order to stand upright. I insisted on keeping the purse for the picture. I think it works nicely with the ensemble.

Above: Of the six Blue Angles demonstration squadron pilots, two are from Georgia. Here's Matthew with Pilot 6, Opposing Solo LT Frank Weisser from Atlanta.

Above: And here I am (please excuse the messy hair. By this point, I'd been rained on, wind blown, and sunburned) with Boss, Flight Leader/Commanding Officer CDR Greg McWhorter, also from Atlanta.

Below: A few videos from the weekend. (If you're interested in seeing more, let me know. Matthew gets a little camera happy at these things!)





P.S. Just a reminder about the Mudbug Madness festival. I can't believe no one's told us they are coming yet.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are so right about the purse. Accessories make the outfit!

Elena said...

Even I have to admit this is amazing to watch. (But loud!)