On the wall, I hung a few personal photos and other things I've collected. I took a map of Georgia out of an old atlas, used spray adhesive to secure it to cheap kraft paper and stuck it in an also cheap (we love cheap!) Ikea frame. I also framed photos of my grandparents on their wedding days.
On the other wall, I hung one of my favorite pictures from our wedding and a drawing of our house that my cousin Vince made for us.
On the other side of the opening into the dining room, I hung a photograph by Karen Downs, whom I used to work with at Southern Accents. She took this photo in Savannah, so the Georgia connection continues!
And below it, I hung a postcard of the University of Georgia. I actually found it in an antiques shop down the road. This site says it's from 1939. It has illustrations of the Fine Arts Building, Denmark Hall, Ag Hill Cafeteria and Clark Howell Dormitory.
And, just to make things feel a bit cheerier in the room, I picked up a few stems of forsythia for the mantel.





2 comments:
Love the finished reading corner! Please reserve it for me when I visit next time.
Love all the decor MB!!
Post a Comment