Monday, January 31, 2011
Missing Home
For a girl who thought she'd never leave little old Madison County, I do alright managing my homesickness now that I've lived "off" for almost 10 years. (Has it been 10? Wow!) But this weekend I was missing home and, more importantly, missing the people at home. Like my nephew Brenner, who celebrated his third birthday this weekend; my dad's family, who gathered together for a baby shower for my cousin on Saturday; and my cousin Julia, who sang at Friendship Baptist Church. She even made the sign out front! I hate missing out on this kind of stuff—Landon's basketball games, Vince and Jonathan's football games, birthdays, baby and wedding showers, and even the run-of-the-mill family dinners. I just hope one day we'll be back close enough to be a part of things again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We're hoping the same thing! (You made your mother cry again...)
Post a Comment