It's always a good weekend when Matthew isn't working. Here's what we've been up to:
Friday: Girls' Night Out to celebrate my friend Christy's birthday. Our night included pedicures, Mexican food, and
Confessions of a Shopaholic. Matthew, meanwhile, had a guys' night of grilling out at a friend's house.
Saturday: After a day of working in the yard (Matthew) and cleaning the house (me), we went to a Shreveport-Bossier Captains baseball game for the first time. The Captains are in the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball league. What? Never heard of that? Where have you been? The Captains beat the Wichita Wingnuts 3 to 2, and the game was followed by a brief concert by Francesca Battistelli who sings
this.
Our signature shot.
Five bucks for seats on the first-base line (or, technically, anywhere else in the stadium).
The Captains and the Dodge Ram mascots. Never did see a Wingnut , well, I saw some wingnuts but not an official Wingnut mascot.
Don't be fooled into thinking you can actually have an ice cream cone merely because there is a giant inflatable one atop a sign that says "Soft Serve Cones." And forget about the shakes and sundaes too. You can, however, have your soft serve in a tiny baseball batting helmet-shaped bowl for a mere $5. I picked the St. Louis Cardinals helmet to hold my chocolate ice cream. (They didn't have a Braves one.)
Just thought you'd want to see my pedicure. First one in a loooong time. I felt a little sorry for the woman who had to soften up those heels!
And when we left the game at 10:45 p.m. it was a balmy 93 degrees.
Sunday: We had an ice cream social. The White Mountain 6-Quart electric maker Matthew gave me for my birthday makes delicious ice cream. We made a batch of vanilla and a batch of strawberry and invited over some friends. Is there anything better to do on a heat advisory-worthy Sunday summer afternoon?
I made a pound cake to go with the ice cream (and strawberries and whipped cream). I meant to take more photos once the toppings were out and we started dishing out the bowls of ice cream, but I forgot. Possibly because this was going on:
We do not have fun toys but we do have the perfect route for running.
2 comments:
What a great weekend! Wish we could have joined the fun. I especially love the video of the children.
Sounds good. Looks good.
Post a Comment