Friday, May 2, 2008

Gimme a break!

So I'm making travel plans for my Southern Accents story on Charleston and am renting a car. I checked a couple of car rental companies, and Enterprise had the cheapest rate. Isn't it nice of them to also offer me the chance to buy carbon offsets?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is pleased to offer you the opportunity to benefit the environment by offsetting carbon dioxide emissions generated by a rental vehicle.
For just $1.25 you can offset emissions produced by the average rental. The money will go to TerraPass to fund certified offset projects that work to remove carbon from the atmosphere.

Yeah, I didn't buy them!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, you really care about future generations! (Not!)ee

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of such thing!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Time might reimburse you. Coastal Living bought carbon offsets for the impact of producing their green issue. Though I admit, I'm not sold on the whole carbon offset thing either.