Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Homesick over Homecoming

The great thing about Matthew's vacation week being scheduled for the end of August is we will have time to move into our house. The bad thing is we won't be taking our vacation in lovely Hull, Georgia, and likely won't make it home for a while.

Both of us are a little homesick (Matthew hasn't been home since March; I was home in May), so we were happy to have some photos from home. Miss Margaret sent us these shots of the Gordon's Chapel Homecoming. We wish we could have been there--and you will too once you take a closer look at those food tables. Nothing beats a GCUMC covered dish dinner.

We miss y'all.

Wait a minute--Is that Jonathan I see at the front of the food line?

I count five plates of deviled eggs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you more! Homecoming was one of the best in years. That chocolate layer cake Tonya made was absolutely scrumptious! The fried chicken was all gone by the time I got there, though.
I'm looking forward to my trip to Shreveport! Get the mother-in-law suite ready.
KHH

Stephanie said...

:( I know this feeling!

If you want, when we go to Baton Rouge in October I'll bring you some pecans and peaches.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blogs so much, I feel like I'm seeing you. By the way, all those deviled eggs were gone by the time I went through the line. Prepare yourself, Karen has promised she'll bring me to visit when you allow it! Elena

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come see your house & you could come home.
catybug