Monday, August 18, 2008

My Favorite Pup

No, not that kind of pup. (Matthew hasn't tricked me into buying him a dog yet.) I'm talking about my new favorite player on the Bulldog football team. I first read about Logan Gray last year when, as QB for the scout team, he begged to be a live player in a scrimmage before the Oklahoma State game. I guess normally the quarterbacks aren't hit in scrimmages? Anyway, he essentially volunteered to have his clock cleaned just so our defense could have a more realistic practice. Now, as a redshirt freshman and third-string QB he's also practicing as a punt returner. Coach Richt said he was desperate to play and just "wants to help us win." Just what I want in a Bulldog.

Oh, and imagine how pleased I was to see this headline on the homepage of our newspaper The Shreveport Times: Bulldogs expected to contend for national title. I know this isn't breaking news, but I was just happy to see my team covered in Tiger territory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a smart young man to work on getting noticed like that. (Or else, he's taken one too many hits to the head.)elena