Those are just a few of the things we'll soon be cooking in the Heaton home. Okay, maybe not exactly, but we're one step closer to doing so since we purchased chef John Folse's Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine. Matthew has been wanting this book since we first moved here, but we finally decidedly to buy it when we learned that Folse, who has his on television show here, would be in town over the weekend to sign his newest book, After The Hunt. (It's all game recipes. I don't think I'll be needing it.)
On Saturday, we went to Bass Pro Shops to meet chef Folse, get his autograph, and watch a cooking demonstration on how to make duck and sausage gumbo. Then we had a tasting--yum!
If you get a chance to check out the book, it's pretty cool. Really more of a coffee table book than a cookbook, but there are a lot of recipes too. Once I master gumbo making for myself, you're all invited over.

1 comment:
I think I'm busy that day. elena
Post a Comment