I actually really hit it off with the people at Dean's Septic Systems, who told my editor that they were glad a "country girl" was sent out for this story!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
The Freelance Life: Not Always Glamorous
Lest you think my freelance life consists only of fabu trips and celebrity interviews (so I haven't scored Angelina or Brad yet, but I did interview JoAnna Garcia, a.k.a Cheyenne from the Reba show), here's a photo from my most recent project.
That's me accompanying David from Dean's Septic Systems on a service call. I was profiling a few dirty jobs for a local publication. To be honest, I was given three topics and I chose this one of my own volition. My work took me to interview a septic tank pumping company, a pooper scooper guy, a taxidermist (FASCINATING!), a pipe tester for the oil and natural gas industry, and an owner of a fish market.
I actually really hit it off with the people at Dean's Septic Systems, who told my editor that they were glad a "country girl" was sent out for this story!
I actually really hit it off with the people at Dean's Septic Systems, who told my editor that they were glad a "country girl" was sent out for this story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I won't even ask what that dark, wet looking stuff is on the ground near your feet! Elena
Post a Comment