The park about a half mile from our house hosts an annual citywide ice cream social, and this year the entire park was decked out with a Candy Land theme. We'd never gone before and, though I really wanted to check it out, Matthew thought this might be one of those events that requires us to be parents in order to attend. You know, an event that a pair of 30-year-old childless adults shouldn't be so excited about. If, however, we had a kid to take to the party we could be all: "I'm just here for my kid; just being a good parent." When inside we're all: "I wonder what the weight limit is for those bouncy things?" And: "Can I go up in the hot air balloon?" Anyway...our friends Jessica and Gabe happen to have an adorable little girl named Avery and were going to the park, so we tagged along with them. Since the event was free and all you can eat, I was totally expecting some cheap, generic ice cream or--what is it?--ice milk? But, no. We totally had Baskin-Robbins. Mint chocolate chip for me and chocolate for Matthew. Yum. We did not, unfortunately, jump in the bouncy things or go up in the hot air balloon.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
We All Scream For ....
ICE CREAM!

The park about a half mile from our house hosts an annual citywide ice cream social, and this year the entire park was decked out with a Candy Land theme. We'd never gone before and, though I really wanted to check it out, Matthew thought this might be one of those events that requires us to be parents in order to attend. You know, an event that a pair of 30-year-old childless adults shouldn't be so excited about. If, however, we had a kid to take to the party we could be all: "I'm just here for my kid; just being a good parent." When inside we're all: "I wonder what the weight limit is for those bouncy things?" And: "Can I go up in the hot air balloon?" Anyway...our friends Jessica and Gabe happen to have an adorable little girl named Avery and were going to the park, so we tagged along with them. Since the event was free and all you can eat, I was totally expecting some cheap, generic ice cream or--what is it?--ice milk? But, no. We totally had Baskin-Robbins. Mint chocolate chip for me and chocolate for Matthew. Yum. We did not, unfortunately, jump in the bouncy things or go up in the hot air balloon.
The park about a half mile from our house hosts an annual citywide ice cream social, and this year the entire park was decked out with a Candy Land theme. We'd never gone before and, though I really wanted to check it out, Matthew thought this might be one of those events that requires us to be parents in order to attend. You know, an event that a pair of 30-year-old childless adults shouldn't be so excited about. If, however, we had a kid to take to the party we could be all: "I'm just here for my kid; just being a good parent." When inside we're all: "I wonder what the weight limit is for those bouncy things?" And: "Can I go up in the hot air balloon?" Anyway...our friends Jessica and Gabe happen to have an adorable little girl named Avery and were going to the park, so we tagged along with them. Since the event was free and all you can eat, I was totally expecting some cheap, generic ice cream or--what is it?--ice milk? But, no. We totally had Baskin-Robbins. Mint chocolate chip for me and chocolate for Matthew. Yum. We did not, unfortunately, jump in the bouncy things or go up in the hot air balloon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you got to go. And who needs bouncy things when there is ice cream?!
I wanted to go with you so I could of done the balloon ride:(
Wouldn't Jonathan have loved this? Too bad it wasn't held during our visit!
Post a Comment